Events Listed Below for 2023
Impulse Lax Festival
Summer Genesis Origins
Midwestern War Games
National Fall Lax Festival
**All participants are expected to read the official rules prior to each event!**
RULE SPECIFICATIONS FOR ALL GAME TYPES (POOL & PLAYOFF)
- thinkLAX Tournaments will follow all 2023 US Lacrosse & NFHS Rules as it pertains to each age level with the following tournament modifications/clarifications:
- There are NO timeouts.
- During an injury timeout, the clock will run.
- All teams will play 12 v 12 regardless of age.
- thinkLAX runs events by Grade-Level Division when applicable, not age range.
- 8 –Meter Shots: will be played if the horn sounds for the end of the game or half. If the 8-meter is already in play when the game horn sounds, then the game is complete at the time of the horn, if the ball crosses the goal line after the game horn the ruling is NO GOAL. (Same)
- Alternate possession – The team listed first on the schedule receives the first alternate possession. After the initial possession is awarded the possession will then alternate.
- Uniforms must meet US Lacrosse rules, Free Position on the first draw if they do not, if both teams are illegal, start with a draw. No jewelry is allowed on players.
- 1 Yellow Card – the player must sit for 2 minutes, running the clock, the official will keep time.
- 2 Yellow Cards – the player must sit for the remainder of the game. This player may return to the next game.
- RED Card (PLAYER) – The player must sit for the remainder of the game!
- RED Card (COACH) – The coach must leave the game and remain away from the game until the completion of the game and the coach WILL NOT BE ABLE TO COACH THE REST OF THE DAY AT THE EVENT!
TOURNAMENT (POOL PLAY) GAME FORMAT
Per Tournament Specs
- Impulse (3 – 40 minute games) (Showcase)
- Lax Amplified & Summer Genesis Origins (4 – 44 minute games) + Championships
- Summer Genesis (4 – 44 minute games) + 2024 Championship only (Showcase 25-27)
- Midwestern War Games (4 – 50 minute games) + Championship
- Half-times (2-minute Impulse) (3 minutes Amplified, Genesis, Origins, NFLF) (5 minutes Midwest)
- In between Games (3 minutes all)
- The central horn will indicate starts and stops of games and halftimes
TIE BREAKERS IN POOLS
- Win – 5 points, Ties – 3 Points, Losses – 0 Points
- Total Points
- Head to Head (No 3-way Head to Head)
- Goals Against
- Goal Differential (Max 10 Per Game)
- Coin Flip
PLAYOFF GAME FORMAT
- 22 – MINUTE HALF – ONLY - ALL PLAYOFF GAMES & Championships
- Playoff time is kept on the field
- During stopped play for an injury in the last 5 minutes, TIME WILL STOP!
- If there is a tie at the end of a playoff game, sudden death is played after a 1-minute rest period.
- Each team is allowed to have no more than (4) coaches on the field for each game.
- ALL COACHES MUST BE US LACROSSE MEMBERS AND COMPLETE OUR WAIVER.
- Coaches can only coach their sideline – cannot be in the substitution box, on the field, or in the spectator area opposite the score table and benches.
- All substitutions are handled on the fly or on a goal scored.
- All coaches MUST RESPECT the officials, their opponents, opposing coaches, scorekeepers, parents, and event staff.
- thinkLAX Events have a “zero-tolerance policy” for coaches not adhering to the said rules above. Games will be forfeited if rules are not abided by.
- Only head coaches can address the officials and must do so in a respectful manner.
- Respect your opponents and “Honor the Game” on all levels.
- Poor sportsmanship, taunting, trash-talking, fighting, running up the score, or other unsportsmanlike behavior will not be tolerated by anyone at our events.
- Once kicked out of our event you cannot come back even for a later game.
OVERALL TOURNAMENT GAME FORMAT AND GAME RULES
- All games will start promptly at the assigned times.
- No timeouts are permitted at all during the tournament.
- The central clock will start and stop games and halftime.
- Officials may stop on-field play for any reason he/she feels fit, examples include serious injury, game equipment issues, sideline problems, etc.
- Time-serving penalties are kept by the field marshall.
- The official score is on the scoreboard of the scorer’s table – signed by coaches!
- All Substitutions are on the fly.
- There is no Mercy Rule for Youth Games.
- All appropriate equipment and mouthguards must be worn at all times.
- Officials and the Tournament Director have the final say on all interpretations and rulings.
- No team will receive a full refund.
- No refund of any kind for a team that is registered and withdraws after the final payment is due.
- No refunds will be issued if the tournament is canceled or shortened for any reason, including inclement weather or any other unforeseen circumstances.
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- Inclement weather is out of the control of tournament directors, officials, and site managers. Safety is our number one concern. In the event of thunder and/or lightning, all games will be suspended for 30 minutes from the last occurrence. Games will resume at their regularly scheduled time. No games will be made up or delayed.
- The tournament will be held in the rain. In the event of heavy rain, it is up to the facilities we are renting from to determine if play is permitted on the field or not. The tournament directors will push hard in order to ensure all games are played, however, the facilities have the final say.
- Please see our detailed Inclement Weather and Heat Index Policy on our website for more information.